Claude S. Williams IV, MDBoard Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship Trained in Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery
Claude S. Williams IV, MD
Dr. Williams specializes in hand and upper extremity surgery. He specializes in the following procedures and services:
- Total shoulder replacement
- 3-D mapping for total shoulder replacement
- Reverse total shoulder replacement
- Treatment of sports-related injuries
About Claude S. Williams IV, MD
Dr. Claude Williams is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in the treatment of traumatic, congenital and degenerative conditions of the hands and upper extremities, as well as sports-related injuries and pathology.
Dr. Williams received his orthopaedic training at Louisiana State University Medical School. He then completed a fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery at the Philadelphia Hand Center at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has additional board certification in surgery of the hand.
Dr. Williams is a clinical faculty member of the LSU Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and has participated in the training of LSU Family Practice Sports Medicine fellows. Dr. Williams is on the Medical Staff Operating Committee at Ochsner Baptist, where he currently serves as Chair of Surgery. Previously, he served as team physician for high school and professional athletic teams in New Orleans.
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Louisiana State University Medical School, Baton Rouge, LA
- Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship: Philadelphia Hand Center at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA