Jonathan Finney, MDBoard Eligible Physiatrist
Board Eligible Pain Management Physician
Jonathan Finney, MD
Dr. Jonathan Finney specializes in Pain Management and has been trained in the latest techniques including:
- Epidural Steroid Injections (Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, Sacral)
- Medial Branch Blocks / Radiofrequency Ablation (Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, Sacral)
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections / Radiofrequency Ablation
- Facet Joint Injections
- Peripheral Joint Radiofrequency Ablation (Shoulder, Hip, Knee)
- Peripheral Joint Injections (Shoulder, Hip, Knee)
- Stallate Ganglion Blocks
- Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
About Jonathan Finney, MD
Dr. Jonathan Finney specializes in the treatment of spinal pain through the use of interventional and multidisciplinary modalities without the use of opioid medication. He also has expertise in treating disorders of the musculoskeletal system, with the goal of restoring the function and quality of life in his patients.
A New Orleans native, Dr. Finney completed medical school at Louisiana State University School of Medicine, where he was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society as well as the Gold humanism Honor Society. He received his training in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and was elected Administrative Chief Resident. He subsequently completed a fellowship in pain medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Outside of his medical practice, Dr. Finney enjoys spending time with his wife and children. He also enjoys jogging, the Saints LSU sports, and the culture of New Orleans. He is grateful to return home and give back to the community that he loves.
- Undergraduate: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Medical: Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Pain Management Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Pain Medicine